Always Children First
A Values Led Curriculum
Westvale Park has a thirst to provide an inspiring and complete learning experience for all children and a thriving school community. Our vision is that school should be an extension of family, nurturing an environment that leads to academic success, emotional literacy and lifelong well-being.
A ‘value’ is a principle that guides thinking and behaviour.
At Westvale Park, every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to the school. Values are intended to support the personal, social and spiritual development of every pupil throughout the school.
Through our values we aim to:
• Improve behaviour, conduct and self-confidence by developing strong values within the pupils at the school.
• Develop pupils’ understanding of what values are and why they are important in life.
• Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives both in and out of school.
• Promote values to pupils in every aspect of school life.
• Promote values in the way in which adults interact with each other and with pupils.
• Display our school values and encourage all visitors to take heed of them in their time in school.
• Encourage parents to support the programme at home by promoting a ‘value of the month’ in newsletters and around the school building and grounds.
• Enable children to focus on their positive characteristics, thereby reminding them of their worth in school, at home, in the community and in the world.
• To raise standards by promoting a school ethos that is underpinned by core values, supporting the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring, happy and purposeful atmosphere.
• To link our school values with ‘British Values’.
Our core values are:
Ethos and Culture
Our ethos is clear: 'Always children first'. We want the best for all our children, families, and our team. We place a strong emphasis on building a healthy team, as we believe that: Happy Team = Happy Children = Happy Families. We create a setting in which all staff know that they are valued and supported. A healthy, happy team creates a healthy, happy school and nursery environment, and a positive friendly atmosphere for the children to thrive in.