Always Children First
- We encourage you to read with your child 5 times a week, to foster a love of reading within your child.
- As soon as your child is ready, we will send home reading books for them to read at home. Until then we encourage reading of story books for pleasure.
- Once your child is allocated a reading book, they will be collected in at school on a Wednesday and new reading books will be given out to children on a Thursday.
- Please remember to write in your child's reading journal every time they have read and send their reading folder to school in their book bag each day.
- Your child will visit the library on Wednesdays.
- Hedgehog Class have a PE lesson every Tuesday.
- This half term we will be building your child's confidence in independently changing into their PE kits and uniform.
- PE will take place inside and outside in the Autumn term.
- Please ensure all your child's PE kit is labelled.
- PE kits will be sent home with children on the last week of each half term.
- Although children are not given formal homework in Reception, we encourage children to access the Reading Eggs app at home.
- Children will be given certificates regularly to award their progress.
- Your child will attend a Forest School session once a fortnight on a Tuesday.
- Please send your child to school in school uniform. We will change them into their school tracksuit, splash suits and welly's at school.
- Please remember hats, scarfs and gloves in cold weather & sunhats and sun cream when necessary.