We are delighted to welcome you and your child to our nursery. Westvale Park Primary Academy Nursery will greet you and your family into a friendly atmosphere, where children will be encouraged to achieve to their full potential in all areas of development, and where nursery life will be a fun, relaxed and positive experience.
Our nursery provides childcare and education for children aged from 2 Years to 4 years old.
Our Nursery aims to:
• Provide a happy, safe, warm and stimulating environment for all children to play, learn and develop freely.
• Help children to develop responsibility for themselves and their actions and to become competent, confident, independent and cooperative individuals.
• Encourage children to have a positive attitude and respect for both themselves and other people.
• Promote positive relationships with parents/carers and work in partnership with them to provide high quality play and care for their children.
• Offer inclusive services that are accessible to all children in the community.
• Undergo regular monitoring and evaluation of our services to ensure that the nursery continues to meet the needs of children and parents/carers.
Our Nursery is committed to providing:
• Care and activities that put the needs and safety of children first.
• A programme of activities that is interesting, educational, stimulating and fun.
• Activities that promote each child’s social, physical, moral and intellectual development.
• Access to a variety of facilities and equipment under safe, supervised conditions.
• A staff team that is experienced, well trained and properly supported.
• Services that meet the conditions of the Childcare Act 2006 and all other relevant childcare legislation, wherever they apply.
• An environment, where no child is bullied or suffers discrimination in any form.
Our day at nursery
During our day, we will either provide a wide range of carefully selected and structured play activities or encourage the children to choose what activities they would like to do. We follow the national ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ framework. We will use the EYFS framework to encourage each child to full fill their potential and provide the foundation for the children to make the most of their abilities and talents.
The overall aim of the EYFS is to help young children achieve the five Every Child Matters outcomes. We will achieve this by setting the standards, providing equality, developing partnerships with parents and other professionals, improving quality and consistency and laying a foundation for future learning.
During activity time there will be indoor and outdoor activities and free-flow between these activities will be encouraged.
The daily operation of reception and nursery is modelled on the Trust's nationally acclaimed practice of having Foundation Villages (as in our East Sussex and Brighton primary academies). This approach, overseen by our Director of Early Years, Samantha Attwater, who is a local and DfE Champion of EYFS, has child-centred learning at its heart and ensures that young children learn from their peers, as well as from older children in the Foundation Village. This focus on ‘stage not age’ has proven to be successful for nursery and reception children alike. This ensures that children are ‘school-ready’ for their formal stages of education. Aurora’s nursery and EYFS provision is at least good and outstanding in all settings, this expertise has been brought to Westvale Park.
Your child will free flow with reception children, which will offer them many extension opportunities.
All staff are checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as part of the recruitment process.
Our ratio is in accordance with Ofsted framework:
2 years – 3 years 1:5
3 years – 4 years 1:8/1:13 with EYP
Settling in visits:
All children are unique and the amount of time that a child takes to settle into our Nursery can vary enormously. Therefore, children will be given time to settle in at their own pace, so as to make them feel welcome, safe and confident in a new environment.
We encourage parents/carers to help during this time. We will also offer families the option to visit their children in their home environment if they feel it would be beneficial for the child.
The nursery is currently full and operates an extensive waiting list. For applications for future years please complete the Nursery Application Form, on receipt of the application form we will add your child to our waiting list. Please note that completed applications do not guarantee a place in the nursery and we always recommend that you have a back up child provider arranged.